Welcome to the home page of Modoc Harvest, the newest local-food nonprofit in the West!
Our mission is to provide access to healthy local food by:
- Operating Certified Farmers Markets that accept nutrition benefits;
- Supporting the Surprise Valley Grown food hub that supplies locally-sourced food to stores, restaurants and schools or other institutions; and
- Publicizing and supporting farm stands and other farm-direct businesses.
We support educational and outreach activities to encourage the production and consumption of healthy local food by:
- Conducting producer training in marketing, production techniques, and food safety;
- Supporting agritourism events and activities that help small producers to make a living and educate the public on where food comes from; and
- Partnering with local organizations and schools to connect community members with sources of local food and to educate on the benefits of eating and growing healthy food.